Monday, November 15, 2010

Searching for Hip-Hop

http://authspot.com/poetry/searching-for-hip-hop/

Detective Reinstate, “I have a critical situation,
A case is to be solve, here’s several information.
Here are the details, all you have to do is follow the sign,
I know you’ll get this mission complete, in the nick of time."

Let me clarify this journey about recouping from vanished love,
Departed from my heart, dispatched to up above.
Where it now subsist because greatness can never be a duplication,
Those who breathe it now are basically imitations.

On that corner, rests a man in a modern jacket,
What initially was there, a boom box and strident racket.
Breaking dancing, acrobatically, to the rhythms beat,
Desertion of a crowd, tumbleweed blowing in the street.

I stroll a little further, ordinary paint on the wall,
"Where’s the writing?" I suddenly couldn’t recall.
Oh yeah!, "graffiti, inscriptions of one’s territory."
Those vibrant visions that enlighten a modest story.

No mom-and-pop stores to sale those antique vinyl’s,
As music evolves, the throne is retrieved by a direct lineal.
Who sells compact disks digitally, exchanged of those cassettes,
Presently nonexistence of domino games and girls hopscotch in barrettes.

The lack of creativity, veil from exultant pain,
Among those who yearn the money and crave the fame.
Afraid of their artistic views to emerge,
The ones that are deficient, wishes they can purge.

But others who feels that fame conquers all,
Vain about their cash, that they can construct to fall.
No longer valuing their self-esteem, that holds no bounds,
Produce irrational subjects, doubtful of seeing sounds.

Disappeared out of nowhere;
Where did hip-hop go?
Those inspirational words,
That makes your soul glow.

Appeared behind I, was a guy pursuing me,
Scurrying from the latest and insipid; I wounded my knee.
Confronted I, with my stalwartly as I tussled to defy,
He shouted, "You’ll enjoy the music if you just give it a try."

No comments:

Post a Comment