Monday, November 15, 2010

Gingerbread Man & The Cookie Monster

http://authspot.com/poetry/gingerbread-man-the-cookie-monster-poem/

I’ve been imprisoned for about a year and a half
and if I stay here any longer I’m afraid I might lose my calf.
I had a friend who stayed up north,
with much aid up north,
where I can escape and be safe and so forth.
Anyway I’m the Gingerbread Man.
Whenever you encounter me,
give me a greeting,
whether in a meeting
without breaking my hand.
Or we can just skip the postal introduction.
Run off to a place of silence and no ruckus,
just you and I,
without any interruptions.
Or I might runaway into hiding,
because you can’t catch me
or fetch me,
with your ridiculous schemes of biding.
This country is filled with open space.
Took so long to get to the train station
I almost lost my face.
And I know they probably upset,
with their vicious eyes
full of hopeless tries, and lies
I so hasty dashed like an executive jet.
I’m going to say it again,
you will never catch me.
Even if you had a ten
No, a one hundred speed jet ski.

What’s the problem, are your shoe on wrong?
(You can’t catch me)
Why want you just leave me alone
(You can’t fetch me)
You’re going to chase me till sunset
You can’t catch me
You will never, how much you want to bet
You can’t fetch me
Okay you’re trying to proceed
(You can’t catch me)
To serve me with heave
(You can’t fetch me)
You will in no way retrieve
So give up
because you will never catch me

Take the rage out of your chest and fill it with zest.
Give it up for the best or just give up like the rest.
When I arrived at the train station,
seemed like I was on the most wanted list
because I was being chased by the entire nation.
So I fooled them with a slight crump,
then hopped in the front
and got away from this seeker out for a hunt.
I had to take cover for this entire excursion,
but I was discovered by a sly fox, the color of smallpox,
who was weirdly bizarre and he spoke Persian.
This fox was exceedingly intelligent.
I assumed not a soul better than
or could even come close to being relevant.
So I cried, please don’t beat me
and please don’t eat me.
Then surprisingly the Cookie Monster showed up to save and free me.

Now the Cookie Monster was an admirer of thrill,
but the only cookies he ate were chocolate chip and oatmeal.
So this feeling, I felt, in my heart, was real.
My true friend, who he would save from being harm
and I he wouldn’t kill.
No matter if it’s thousands out to catch this man,
enclosed us with a bonfire, he’ll always have some kind of plan.
With my heart full of molasses,
and my soul of vigor ginger
I’ll run as fast as I can and never ever surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment