Friday, November 26, 2010

Don't Want to Foxtrot

Daydreaming in the park,
    after dark,
Unexpectedly fell asleep.
I arouse to find myself dressed in an ebony tux, cravat, and oxford on my feet;
   Drape in white ruffles, cufflinks, and a pocket watch.
An unconscious life, rages to riches, pending the time of great darkness,

Observing in the shadows of dusk, a woman in a flaxen sheath,
Stunning as she appears, her actions of unproblematic heartless,
That incredibleness about her captures my attention, so I pursued her along.
Hypnotize in her presence;
    mesmerize to her essence;

Take back my lovely secret,
   but her heart I want to keep it.
My love for her is the deepest,
   hours of effortful days but yet sleepless.

Pacing on concrete,
  the rhythm to my heartbeat;
As we danced on Love Street.

I am following her; I have no idea where we are going.
I want to turn away, but her amazement has me towing;
  mind blowing;
Where is she taking me? Clueless, as I am concern.
My passion towards her has me in yearning;
  What am I learning?

Nothing, she is teaching me;
The light poles illuminate on Beats Street;
The sidewalks lights up like Billy Jay;
The light signals do not know what to say.
The cars stand still like motionless speakers;
Lead me up a handle less knoll like an inverted beaker.

When I arrived there, people were fully clad to their best.
Men were wearing silk vests on their chest.
Women in high-heels and their festive ball dress.
Everyone’s in fancy fashion with masks on their face.
I am questioning what kind of place--
  is this.

She then begins to put me in
   the middle of the dance floor.
I replied, with my facial expression,
I rather not soar.
Just wants to observe everyone else dancing.

I knew she was hazardous the minute she first appeared.
She has me in a trance by the way my fears disappeared.
Persuading me to the dance floor,
Pirouette me around.
Purloin my soul on the dance floor, twirling me around and around.

Shocked to how tremendous my feet performed on the ground.
My body’s movement towards this zouk sound;
And her amazing sway in that sheath gowned;
Expression on my face, zounds;
As we started to get down.

Now clearing the dance floor,
Openhanded us two to merely dance.
Except I’m wasn’t interested,
But she wasn’t granting me any chance--
  to escape,

As I’m heaving away,
She insisted I be obliged to,
But I all of a sudden awoke,
Because foxtrot is something, I do not want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment