Monday, January 3, 2011

Blood on the Bottom Step


It appeared in the night on summer eve through a mistily breeze.
Heard a loud thump on the window from the wind blowing the trees.

Frightening vibes in the home when no ones there.
Along with a sickening stench left fuming in the air.

Trails of debris leading from the kitchen floor into the den,
Following into the living room where it all begins.

Someone is here while I am left, all alone.
I need help. Can you please? There is a stranger in my home.
How he got in as this mystery unveil.
No evidence left behind to before long revealed.

Thuds of footsteps towards the bedroom door;
Alarming the insider with a loud blast bore.

Panicking perilously as he is pacing near I.
Knife in hand shining off moonlight sky,

I hastily scurry towards the hallway.
However, the front entry was so far away.

Eager to escape yet could not make it.
Grabbed my soul and yearning to break it.
Dragging it down below feet numb tapping each rung.
Receiving blindness initiation no air in my lung,

Influxes of residents from night on the town,
Compiling the data which residual on the gown,
Underneath stays behind a key trace.
Remaining on top of the staircase,

In the house where the secret is kept,
Who left the blood on the bottom step?

No comments:

Post a Comment